Saturday, November 30, 2013

Antebellum Dresses

I made this gown for a ball i was going to but, Unfortunately I didn't get many photos of the process of creating this specific dress, as I made it in about two days and didn't have time for documentation! (I was sewing until the second i had to walk out the door!) But I just thought it would be nice to show as I haven't shown any period costumes yet.
I used this pattern from Simplicity Patterns, and it can be found at most sewing or fabric stores.
Obviously, I edited it quite a bit from this look as you will see in the photos of my gown below.
The only thing structurally I did different is that I did not use the shoulder straps, and made my own skirt pattern by just cutting out a bunch of squares. But that's basically what it says to do anyways.
Unfortunately I have yet to do a photo shoot with this gown so this is the only really good photo I have of it, the rest are blurred. But either way, you can see the minor alterations I did. 
Note: when making this kind of dress always remember to make a chemise, bloomers, and a corset as well as hoops to go along with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment